Introduction to JavaEE
JavaEE, Java Platform Enterprise Edition, which provides a standard platform / specification for developing Web applications and enterprise applications.
Means that all JavaEE containers / servers that provided by JavaEE server vendor must contain / support the implementation of all JavaEE standard . Using the JavaEE standard to develop and work with JavaEE containers / servers allows developers to focus on the business level coding without having to worry about management the dependency.
Focus: JavaEE ≠ JavaWeb, JavaWeb is just part of the JavaEE specification / standard .
The JavaEE specification / standard contains all the modules that need for an enterprise application.
Its structure can be divided into four parts.
2. Business module(Core)
3. Enterprise Information module(EIS)
4. Common module(Common)
Provide Web interaction, data transmission and other components
1. Focus on for the client to generate a variety of format content, the view module: JSP JSTL EL JSF
2. Focus on Web real-time interaction module: WebSocket Java API
3. Focus on the provides Web services module: JAX-WS JAX-RS
4. Focus on the interactive data specification module: JSON-P JAXB
5. Focus on the Web request and response module: Servlet
Provides components that simplify business logic coding
1. Focus on the enterprise application programming model that portability, Reusability, Extensibility programming models : EJB
2. Focus on the simplified, lightweight, container-managed, POJO-based programming models : Managed Beans
3. Focus on provides Aspect Oriented Programming(AOP) modules : Interceptor API
4. Focus on provides transaction management module : JTA
5. Focus on the optimization of concurrent programming module : Concurrency Utilities for Java EE
Enterprise Information module(EIS)
Provide components that connect with other enterprise middleware or services
1. Focus on modules that connect with the database: JDBC
2. Focus on Java persistence modules: JPA
3. Focus on connect with the MQ Services module: JMS
4. Focus on provides Mail service module: JavaMail API
5. Focus on provides access to enterprise information systems module : JCA
6. Focus on provides the performs batch task module : Batch
Common platform (Common)
Provide common components
1. Focus on the context and dependency injection module: CDI
2. Focus on the integrated security module: JACC JASP JAAS
3. Focus on the JavaEE platform specification annotation module : JavaEE common annotation
4. Focus on the data validation module : Bean Validation
5. Focus on JavaEE management module : JavaEE Management API
6. Focus on providing an indirect layer module for finding components, resources, or services : JNDI
JavaEE architecture diagram